Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sally Hansen Insta-Dry 'Lightning'

My favorite color is yellow.   I love it.   In fact my room is Sherwin Williams Daisy.   So of course I love yellow nail polish. It's really easy to find a yellow shimmer but it's harder to find a true yellow creme.  Most of them are slightly orange or green.  


And I love Sally Hansen Insta-Dry.  While they aren't what they claim (One coat! One Stroke! and your done!), they're still really good (Two strokes! Two coats! and then a top coat!).  I had already had 'Brisk Blue' and 'Lively Lilac' (I'll swatch and review those another time).  So when I saw 'Lightning' it was a perfect match!
    

Well, it would have been if the formula wasn't crappy.  I used four coats and could defiantly have used a fifth.  And there was weird black things on some of the nails (shown below)  and also on the middle finger you can see these bald spots.  errr  this polish bothered me so much.


here's an up close on my crusty looking middle finger D:< 



And to make matters worse I had decided to matte them.  Because while matte nails are "over" I still like the look (Chanel's coming out with a matte top coat).  When i say the matte made it look bad that is a understatement.  There was so many weird spots and blotches that randomly showed up!  I was so disappointed in this polish.  Guess I'll have to continue on the quest of finding the perfect yellow.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment