Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 6: Violet Nails

Why don't they just say purple?  I never understood the purpose of the word 'violet'.  Any ways I have a ba-jillion untried purple nail polishes.  But I decided to be a butt and not use them.  I started out with *4* horrible coats of L.A. Colors 'Nuclear Energy'.  I have 20 LA Colors and that's because Mimi had a spa birthday and everyone got a mani and a bottle of polish.  I got all of the left over polish.   Unfourtunatly, there colors are so sheer (the shimmers are the worst).  There cremes are all jellys, and it takes at least two coats of glitter to get 'sparse glitter'.  Here's my swatch:



Sorry for the messy-ness, butt any more than two coats and I stop caring.   This is a weird color.  It went anywhere from a grey plum to a deep purple to the color you see here.  Well I honestly should've stopped there but I didn't.  I added Sinful Colors 'Dream On'.  That color dries matte but in some lights it's an AMAZING deep purle, or a darker magenta.  It's weird.  I did a Half n' half tape man and it was... well... awkward... 




Head on you can't really see the difference in the colors




 Here's an angle.  I did 'Dream On' on the other side on the middle finger.





I don't like this manicure.  It makes me sad.  Oh well!  Probably going polish shopping this weekend!  Oh yeah BTW I'm going out of town so my ability to keep the challenge up is with Mimi. 

No pressure though!

No comments:

Post a Comment