Tuesday, October 18, 2011

OPI Nail Mail!!

So a while ago I bought OPI 'Black Cherry Chutney' (form 2008 Spring India collection) and I was really ticked off because it was a thick goopy mess (needed some thinner guess it was old) and there was barely any shimmer on the nail and there was a lot in the bottle.  Anyways, in my extremely annoyed state I wrote a letter to OPI (I know right, how cool am I?).  Basically I said that other OPI products I had tried were great and that this one wasn't, and as a nail-obsessor was aggravated with that nail polish.  Well, last Tuesday I got a package in the mail from OPI and inside there was a plastic bag covered in pictures of different OPI polishes,  a letter from Suzi Weiss-Fischmann.  Yes as in the Suzi of 'Suzi & the Lifeguard' and 'Suzi Takes the Wheel' and a bunch of other names of polishes.  Oh did I mention she's the cofounder, VP and artistic director of OPI?


And the last thing I got from OPI is a mini set of some of the Texas collection polishes!  Now one thing you should know about me is that I love mini things.  And by that I mean nail polishes or shampoos or lotions that come in smaller-sized packages of there average-sized brethren  (gross did I just use that word in a sentence??  that's only something old people do!).  The colors they sent were (from left to right) 'Austin-tatious Turquoise' 'I Vant to Be A-Lone Star' 'Do You Think I'm Tex-y?' and a mini Rapidry Topcoat.  EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!   I'm not kidding when I say I spent an hour going "They're babies!!" and "WHEEEEEEEEEE"

Here's the description OPI gives for these colors:
  • 'Austin-tatious Turquoise', Cowgirls love this bodacious blue-green
    • Well, what they don't mention is that this is a shimmer.  in the bottle you see some purple shimmer but I'm not too sure if that'd translate on to the nail.
  • 'I Vant to Be A-Lone Star', You won't want to share this starry Texas-sky blue
    • Where on earth are they getting blue from????  Ok sure, i guess it has a blue tint, but if you asked me it's definitely more of a silver shimmer.  It's still pretty just not blue.
  • 'Do you Think I'm Tex-y?' A "berry" sexy bloom of Dallas dahlia
    • This color was hard to photo graph in the bottle kept on coming out as a true-red instead of the berry it really is.  Also this is one of the 'sorbet' shades (duh any true nail junkie knows it's really just  a jelly).

Here's another picture since scrolling up to the beginning of my rant is too much work.


This picture shows 'Do You Think I'm Tex-y?''s true color


And then Mimi and my mom had gone to Target and when Mimi came home she showed me these pretties she had got me!  This is Essie 'Jamaica Me Crazy' and Revlon 'Poppy'.  I asked her why and she said just because, and I'm extremely grateful.  I know your all jealous because my sister's better than yours!

Swatches and reviews coming soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment